To Niche or Not to Niche
TO NICHE OR NOT TO NICHE?
I know that it is damn hard to niche down – well, I find it hard – why do I have to niche?
I want to help everybody! I can help everybody!
But can I really?
If you are like me then let’s do this together:
Why can’t I help everybody??
Think about it:
- Is it possible that there are people you and I can help better than others?
- And is it possible that there are people you and I actually cannot help?
- Who have you helped before that got the results you were hoping for/you promised and that really praised you for your services/work? That you enjoyed working with and you are proud of the outcome?
- Who have you worked with before that was really difficult and in hindsight seems like you just wasted your time and energy on?
- Write it down.
I am passionate about helping holistic entrepreneurs succeed; people who dedicate their lives to make the world a better place, by helping people feel good/better, overcome their fears and obstacles, heal from past traumas, free their self expression, grow and blossom and achieve their dreams and potential.
What you have to give is valuable. People need it. People want it.
The question is how will they find it/you?
How will you reach them?
To know how to reach the people who want/need your services you have to know who they are so you can know where to find them.
Seems logical, doesn’t it?
Right now, how many people do you know that could really benefit from what you offer?
How are you reaching them at the moment?
How do they find you at the moment?
Are you fully booked? If not, why not?
And that brings us back to the beginning of this article.
Who are the people you really can help make a difference in their lives with what you do?
- where do they live, work
- where do they hang out, who do they hang out with
- age, gender, income
- what are their dreams, aspirations, desires
- what makes them feel good, what do they love doing
- what do they hate, what is their number one pain right now, what keeps them up at night
How am I supposed to know all this, you’ll ask?
Try this: take your favourite client, the one that you had the most success with, the best results, the one whose life changed the way you promised it would …. And describe this person:
their personality, age, gender, work, habits, dreams, fears, income, what keeps them up at night,
what makes them happy, where they live, what they read, where they hang out (social media included), what they eat, what they buy, their typical day, what they believe in …
Maybe it helps to think about who you cannot actually help.
I did this first and it helped me then go on to the next step – who then, if not these people, can I help?
A few things that come up for me are:
I cannot help
- people who don’t take their business seriously
- people who don’t have a budget
- people who don’t have time
- people who are not committed to their business success
- people who don’t believe they can do it
- people who don’t follow my process
- people who are not willig to make changes
- people who don’t apply the strategy we designed for their business growth
- people who are not willing to put themselves out there
- people who want it all but don’t want to invest anything
Who I can help
- have goals
- know they will get out what they put in
- consistently take positive action
- invest time and money into their business growth
- follow the process
- apply the strategy
- are willing to make changes
- are committed to their success
- are willing to adjust, readjust, test, try again
- know what they want, are clear about the value of their services (and if they are not I can help them get clarity – as long as they want it)
More specifically, the people who I can help better than others – because I am either a consumer of their services or really love and know what they do, or do/have done this myself –
- retreat leaders
- yoga teachers
- people who work with horses (Equine Assisted Services/EFL)
- retreat venues
- event organisers
- women entrepreneurs
(mainly seems to be small businesses lead by women – main painpoint: not enough clients, not enough income, technophobes)
How can I help:
Offer an affordable format for small business owners to build success step by step over a period of time (i.e. one year)
- Start with a simple but elegant and attractive/effective website (fast turnaround for me and affordable for the client)
- Work a strategy over time to build following/create tribe and turn them into clients
- Reach – Interrupt – Educate – Engage: with quality content on a regular and consisten basis
- Test, tweak, change, update, add, improve, grow incrementally
Next: Are you clear about this: How do you help these people?
What is unique about your offer/services/approach?
What differentiates you from your competition?
Why should they choose you and not someone else?
Can you answer these questions in a 60 second speech?
Try it! Try it with a friend or record yourself and tweak and repeat until you come to the perfect little elevator speech, the one that makes you feel proud about what you do and who you do it for best, the one that you want to tell everybody.
Have fun with it!
There is a reason why you dedicate your life to what you do! What is it?
Are you ready to do the work to get clarity once and for all so you can switch on your turbo power and reach your ideal clients?
Then I want to share with you some of the best material I have collected from various experts that will help you step by step!
Go to https://www.websites.totallyblissedout.com/beta-test-courses/
If you are like me you’ll have a look and say, this is great, I must do this sometime … Don’t be like me.
Just do it already.
As Goethe said:
“Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute:
What you can do, or dream you can, begin it;
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
Only engage and then the mind grows heated;
Begin and then the work will be completed.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Are you a coach that wants to grow your business online?
We’d love to see if we can help!