I’m listening to Seth Godin “Marketing – You can’t be seen until you learn to see” on audible (what a great way to get away from the screen and rest my eyes while still being ‘productive’ – I listened while walking here)
and I loved this bit so much that I want to share it with you right now. Seth is actually quoting Bernadette Jiwa here, another interesting person to read.
10 things that good stories do:
- Connect us to our purpose and vision for our career and business
- Allow us to celebrate our strength by remembering how we got from there to here
- Deepen our understanding of our unique value and what differentiates us in the marketplace
- Reinforce our core values
- Help us to act in alignment and make value-based decisions
- Encourage us to respond to customers instead of
reactto the marketplace
- Attract customers that want to support businesses that reflect or represent their values
- Build brand loyalty and give customers a story to tell
- Attract the kind of like-minded employees we want
- Help us to stay motivated and continue to do work we are proud of
How inspiring is this?!
Have you written your story yet?
Here is another great worksheet to start you off if you haven’t already done it – go to Bernadette Jiwa’s website and sign up https://thestoryoftelling.com/blog/ to unlock the magic of your story! Do it!
And share your story with us! Love to read your comments below.